Saturday, April 17, 2010

What do you think about facebook pictures?

This is my first year in college and I'm starting to spend way too much time on facebook. Half the time I'm looking at other people's pictures, and I find that I unconsciously judge people based on them. Some people have hundreds of pictures, many of which they're posing skankily in or getting drunk at frat parties or in their rooms. Or they're just having photo shooting sessions in their dorms with their friends. I automatically assume that these people have many friends and they're loving college and they're having sooo much fun. I also assume that the people in their pictures are their really good friends (but a lot of time they might just be acquaintences). Then when I see someone who doesn't have a lot of pictures from college, I assume that they don't hang out with their halls, or they don't have a lot of friends, or they're very independent people. As for me, I basically have no pictures from college and then I start worrying that others will judge me. Sorry I'm so shallow!!!

What do you think about facebook pictures?
People are people. They are no different from you.
Reply:Don't worry, we don't blame you. It's like a new era now, moving on from Myspace and into Facebook. It's like something we do everyday now, check Facebook. But by the end of the day, we make 'Facebook friends' and we all look at each other's pictures and then make assumptions about people, it's normal. Just as long as you keep thos little judgements to yourself, it'll all be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment