Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How do I reconnect with an old friend through Facebook?

I am wanting to reconnect with an old friend from college that I lost touch with a few years ago via Facebook. I can send her a message, but I am afraid that she will look down on me because I make far less money than her. The reason that I make less money is that I have a lot of money invested in 401k and other business investments, but I am still afraid of embarrassment.





Also, I don't want to accidentally come off as wanting to be her boyfriend, because she is already in a relationship according to her Facebook profile (out of respect for her feelings, not because of jealousy) and I fear that any romance might hurt the whole relationship.





Since I have changed a LOT since we last spoke about three years ago, does anybody have any advice on what to do in this situation? Girls?

How do I reconnect with an old friend through Facebook?
Did you end things badly? I have been added as a friend, and added people as friends, that I havn't seen in a long time and there are never the assumptions you made.


I don't think that most people look down on other people for making less money. Also, just through a facebook profile, she would have no idea how much money you make.


Also, if her profile clearly states that she is in a realationship, then she will probably know that you aren't hitting on her because she already has a boyfriend.





If you are still neverous, just send her a quick simple message like "Hey, I cant believe you're on this facebook thing too. How have you been?", that way you don't have to sound like you are tring too hard to talk to her and let her make the next move about how much personal information you share with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment