Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Facebook forced me to join a school network. Otherwise my account will be deactivated. How come ?

Hey Guys ! Recently,have you ever come across the following when you log into your facebook account ?





Quote " Facebook requires all members under 18 to join a high school or college network.Because your profile shows that you are under 18, you must specify your school network to avoid having your account disabled. Please select a network type below.'





In fact, I have mentioned in my facebook profile that I was born in 1985 . In other words, I'm 22 this year. Also I've joined the Monash Network since March. However, I still received that notice. Facebook will deactivate my account if I don't join 1 more school network ? I'm so worried





Please help me. Thanks everybody

Facebook forced me to join a school network. Otherwise my account will be deactivated. How come ?
I had that message also this morning. And I am 40! They could see from my profile that I am certainly not under 18, even if I look good for my age (not that good though!). This afternoon the message was gone but I cannot remember if it gave me a deadline. I tried joining my old university network, but of course you have to have a current college email. I messaged them, and all I can do now is wait for a response.


.


UPDATE! I received a response and they said it was sent in error but is resolved now, and to enjoy the site. Seeing as quite a few people had this message around the same time, it seems to have been a glitch.
Reply:I just got that last night also and it was in red I am in the montreal network since last Oct and last might i get that saying so I join my old high school and find out that only current members can join so now it say if i do not get in the network by Nov 11 I will have my account disabled! What can I do im 37 so why did i get the same message about bein under 18? Any one know whats going on?


No comments:

Post a Comment