Thursday, November 19, 2009

What do certain Facebook "education" tabs mean?

In the Education section in my Facebook profile, I want to enter my college network.





The first doubt I have is that I don't know the difference between being an undergrad and a grad student.





The second one is that I don't know which year to put. Traditionally the year after the college name is the year you have left the institution, but as I am a new student, I don't know what to put.





Thanks in advance!

What do certain Facebook "education" tabs mean?
First of all, the difference between an Undergraduate and Graduate student is the degree they are going for. If you are in school to earn a Master's degree (meaning you have already earned a Bachelor's degree, and are going to get a degree on top of that) you are a Graduate student. If you are in college for the first time and are earning a Bachelor's degree, you are and "Undergrad." In addition, you put the year you are going to graduate as your class year. Let's say you're a Freshman, and are going for a 4 year bachelors degree. This means you are the class of 2011. That's pretty much all you need to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment