Thursday, November 19, 2009

Do colleges really check the facebook account of its applicants?

I'm not really sure about colleges but I read an article about businesses and companies are now checking facebook, myspace and other social websites to screen potential employees. If they see any pictures or things in your about me section that might be a little off, then they will pass.


For example, in the article a computer company was hiring some type of computer engineering job and they screened him on either facebook or myspace and in his hobbies section he put "hacking into national websites"... which probably was a joke but the company passed on him because it wasnt funny to them I guess..


anyway, I dont know how colleges or companies can check your facebook account anyway if you are not in the same network because you have privacy where not jsut anyone can look at it unless they are your friend or in your network.


And what i did after reading that article is put a privacy setting where people even in my own network cannot look at my profile unless we are friends.

Do colleges really check the facebook account of its applicants?
Yes they do. I've heard stories about people not getting in because they have or other people tagged them in a picture drinking/doing drugs.
Reply:I doubt they have time to do that.. but it wouldn't surprise me.


No comments:

Post a Comment